12 MORE Fun Activities to do During Shelter-in-Place
- Watch films that won Independent Spirit Awards for best picture.
- Watch films that critics say should have won those aforementioned awards.
- Read all those magazine and newspapers issues piled on your desk or in your inbox. Or recycle all of them because it’s just not going to happen.
- Treat yourself to an at-home skin care routine you don’t have time for during a normal work week.
- Knit or crochet. Or learn how to!
- Use Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts or Marco Polo to video chat with your long-distance friends.
- Try out at-home aerobics or yoga videos. Consider downloading a fitness app with curated workout playlists.
- Look at yourself in the mirror. Attempt a self portrait with pencil and paper.
- Take a bubble bath (bonus: Add a glass of wine with plastic cup).
- Make a classic cocktail, from negronis to Manhattans and aperol spritzes. Or non-alcoholic ones like a shirley temple or any of these.
- Coloring books: They’re not just for kids.
- Take time to reflect: What have you accomplished in the last year? What goals are you setting for yourself in the next year?
Thanks to usatoday.com for many ideas on this list!