13 MORE Fun Activities to do During Shelter-in-Place
- Toss playing cards into a hat. Make it a game with anyone else you may be sheltering-in-place with.
- Interview your parents and grandparents (over the phone, of course) and save the audio. Can you create an audio story or book with that file?
- Go through your camera roll, pick your favorite pics from the past year and make a photo book or order framed versions online.
- Go on a health kick and learn how to cook new recipes with ingredients you have on hand.
- Create a Google document of shows or movies you’re watching and share it among family and friends.
- Make a list of things for which you are grateful.
- Have your own wine tasting of whatever bottles you have at home. Make up stories about the journey of the grapes to your mouth.
- Paint your nails.
- Perfect grandma’s favorite recipe.
- Make coffee, but this time study how many beans you use, which types, how hot the water is, how long it brews and whether any of that makes a difference.
- Buy gift cards from your favorite local businesses to help keep them in business while we quarantine.
- Watch “Frozen 2,” which went up early on Disney Plus.
- Write a book with your family. Pick a character and each member writes a chapter about their adventures. Read aloud to each other.
Thanks to usatoday.com for many ideas on this list!