15 MORE Fun Activities to do During Shelter-in-Place
- Meditate. Trying using the apps Calm or Headspace if you need some guidance.
- Order from a local restaurant for delivery or curb-side pick-up.
- Look at pictures of puppies.
- Put together the most attractive charcuterie board possible, but you can only use foods you already have in your fridge and cupboard. Dinner time!
- Take note from “Tangled” star Rapunzel, who has an entire song about how she’s spent her days alone in a castle. Activities included in her ditty: Ventriloquy, candle-making, papier-mâché and adding a new painting to her gallery.
- Write actual letters to family and friends. After that? Write thank-you notes to service people who you remember went out of their way for you.
- Learn calligraphy. YouTube can help.
- Finally read the rules to those long and intense board games you’ve never played with the family. Encourage the family to play.
- Put on a soap opera. Mute the sound. Create your own dialogue.
- Have a space in your home where all of the tupperware goes? Organize it and actually match lids to containers.
- Try on all your clothes and determine whether they “spark joy” á la Marie Kondo.
- Better yet, go through this process with your junk drawer and supply shelves.
- Bake some goodies by yourself or other members of your household.
- Watch the films that won Oscars for best picture.
Thanks to usatoday.com for many ideas on this list!