- Complete a puzzle: The more pieces the better! Feeling extra saucy? Take on a Rubik’s Cube. More of a word person? Crossword puzzle! Numbers oriented? Sudoku!
- Start a journal or blog. Sure, it can be about the coronavirus, but it could also be about a specific interest from chess to cheese.
- If it won’t bother your neighbors: Dust off that old instrument and practice.
- Set up a mock karaoke night using YouTube videos and sing your favorite songs!
- Write poetry. Perhaps you can craft a haiku for Mother’s Day, or something without a specific structure. Just try it!
- Watch all the really long movies you’ve avoided until now.
- Download Duolingo, or a similar app, and teach yourself a foreign language.
- Finally read “Infinite Jest,” “Les Miserables” or even “The Stand.” Go all in and read “Ulysses.” You got this.
Thanks to usatoday.com for many ideas on this list!